The National Construction Industry Council (NCIC) held its 6th International Construction Conference under the theme ‘Construction Innovation, Excellence and Sustainability for Inclusive Infrastructure Growth’ from 1st to 3rd August 2018 at Sunbird Nkopola Resort in Mangochi, Malawi.
The conference sub-themes were as follows:
- Excellence Professionalism and Quality
- Sustainable and Inclusive Infrastructure and Development
- Construction Innovation, Research and Development
Overall, the conference aimed at enhancing and embracing innovation and creativity in the construction industry.
Specifically, the conference had the following objectives:
- To share and take stock of current best practices for construction excellence
- To adopt inclusive and sustainable construction practices in planning designing and implementation of projects
- To promote excellence, professionalism and enhanced standards and quality
A total number of 135 participants drawn from various sectors of the construction sector attended the event.
The Minister of Transport and Public Works Hon. Jappie Mhango, MP, presided over the event as the Guest of Honor.
The conference was also graced by delegates from Zambia, Tanzania and the United States of America.
This report is a detailed account of the events that took place at the conference
Please check the Resources page for the full report.