“Innovate, Adapt and Excel: A Quality Driven Construction Industry”
SUNBIRD NKOPOLA LAKESHORE CONFERENCE CENTRE, MANGOCHI, MALAWI, 7th to 9th AUGUST, 2024
The National Construction Industry Council (NCIC) was established by an Act of Parliament in 1996 (Cap 53:05 of the Laws of Malawi) for the regulation, promotion and development of the construction industry in Malawi.
The Council, in collaboration with its stakeholders continue to exert efforts towards ‘Creating an enabling environment for a vibrant and innovative construction industry for the delivery of quality infrastructure and economic empowerment”. The Council envisions a ‘Transformed, sustainable and quality driven construction industry’.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for 2030 and Malawi Agenda 2063 accord infrastructure development prominence in achieving resilient and sustainable economic growth. The Council considers this as an opportunity for the industry to catalyse the attainment of these goals, which will lead into socio-economic development of our country.
In keeping with its vision, mission and goals, NCIC is planning to host the 7th International Construction Conference and Exhibition in August, 2024 in Mangochi. It is envisaged that the conference will provide a platform for stakeholders to share experiences, develop solutions to challenges facing the industry while positioning the construction industry in its rightful role of attaining the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Malawi Agenda 2063. Furthermore, the conference shall provide a platform for dissemination of research results.
Objective of the International Construction Conference
The International Construction Conference shall aim at achieving the following objectives:
- To share and take stock of current best practices for construction excellence
- To adopt resilient and Inclusive strategies in infrastructure development.
- To explore innovative ways of enhancing local production and uptake of construction materials.
- To enhance skills development and capacity building in the industry
- To consider issues of quality and standardization for the industry.
- To consider ways of harnessing the formal and the informal sectors in the Construction Industry.
- To foster dissemination of practical research results
- To provide a platform for showcasing locally manufactured construction materials in Malawi and within the region.
Theme: “Innovate, Adapt and Excel: A Quality Driven Construction Industry”
Conference Sub Themes:
- Innovation in the Construction Industry to promote efficiency and import substitution
Under this subtheme, papers will deal with issues pertaining to the importance of development of local materials and skills that will address issues relating to construction input import substitution thereby easing on forex scarcity, life cycle of the infrastructure including maintenance, job creation for all including the youth and overall contribution to the economy.
- Adaptation of the Construction Industry to changing environmental, climatic, and social conditions
Under this subtheme, papers will discuss issues which relates to the importance of the industry in the development and adaptation to resilient and sustainable practices and procedures, which will produce infrastructure that will be responsive to changes within the industry’s environment.
- Collaboration for Sustainability and adaptation for accelerated infrastructure delivery
Under this sub themes, papers will focus on collaborative and partnerships between the regulators, implementers, financiers, beneficiaries and the general public to ensure sustainability and development of all innovations in the construction industry through collaborative regulatory framework and defined roles and responsibilities of all players in the industry.
Submission of abstracts
All researchers, practitioners, developers and persons engaged in the construction industry are hereby invited to submit abstracts from research papers and insightful case studies on the theme and any of its sub themes for the conference by 31st May 2024. Please take note that all submissions will undergo a peer review process and the selected ones will be published for the conference.
Abstracts should be sent to: email@example.com
For further information about the conference, please visit www.ncic.mw;
The Ag. Regulatory & Enforcement Director
National Construction Industry Council
Private Bag A146
Tel: (265) 887 829 505
Cell: (265) 999 343 384
+265 888 623 845
“Transformed, sustainable and quality driven construction industry.”